Saturday, April 26, 2008

Caregivers - United in Purpose

Add to Technorati Favorites


This blog's namesake, Family & Friends of the Aging (FFAI), is a non-profit 501(3)C corporation. My dream is to reach caregivers of the aging all over the world. I understand the sacrifices and concerns many of you face. Yet, there are things we could teach each other and help millions more to understand.

I'm working on the website for FFAI and hope to have it published in a few weeks. I'd love to hear from you about your experiences in caregiving. But most of all, I want to hear about YOU. How you became the caregiver, how you feel both physically and emotionally, what you do to relieve stress,and how you are planning for your own "golden years".

At the risk of sounding corney, we are all in this together. Thus, the tagline for FFAI, "United in Purpose". I truly believe we are.

UPDATE:
As caregiver to an aging parent, one of the avenues I've been exploring is a way to make money online. This would allow me the flexibility to be available when my mother needs me as well as provide the income that I need for my family. So far, my research has uncovered the typical "get rich schemes", as well as some interesting learning possibilities for online marketing. One thing they can't guarantee is making money from pursuing your passion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting concept your website. Will it be a blog? I think that making money at home would be a good idea for many caregivers. However, they would have to make sure that the company is legit. There are lots of scams for working at home.

Luanne Morrison, CSA said...

You're right. There are many work from home scams out there. Just trying to sift through some of them has been challenging.
The FFAI website is going to be an online support group, but with lots of different services and resources for the caregiver. We hope to offer a scholarship to those studying in the geriatrics field, and lots of other good things. Glad you found us and we appreciate your comments.