Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Can't Sleep

Add to Technorati Favorites

Once in a while my mother will talk about waking in the night and not being able to go back to sleep. Her mind just keeps going from one thing to another, she says. Tonight is my night.
With so many things going through my mind, what better time to get up and work!

I am making my first attempt at putting a website together and have found learning piecemeal is not easy. The website is for this blog's namesake, Family & Friends of the Aging. We're a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, newly organized and funded, so far, by me. Now, that was alright until the bottom fell through in the housing market, which in turn, affected my "real job". Being self employed, plus my clients in some part of the construction industry, equals very little work for me since July of 2007. Thus, the reason I am doing the website!

I invested in Microsoft Expression Studio, thinking it would magically put a site together for me. I was so wrong! I think I may be making it harder than it has to be, and while I AM making some progress, it just isn't coming together fast enough to suit me.

I admit, I have another motive for successfully getting FFAI online. As a caregiver, a 9 to 5 job is out of the question. I must have flexibility in my hours and being self employed has worked beautifully to this point. For myself and other caregivers who need to pay the bills, I am investigating internet marketing. Making money online has taken a pretty bad wrap from what I've read, but there are some legitimate ways out there. Once I sift through a few more "opportunities", I hope to use what I've found for myself as well as pass on the information to the caregiver community. If anyone out there has any information on online money making scams, please let me know so I can avoid them in my search. On the other hand, if you know of any legitimate ways to make money online, please let me know that as well.

I'm going back to bed.


No comments: