Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tax Update

Add to Technorati Favorites

The weekend is coming to an end and my tax duties for my mother haven't begun. Several things slipped into the 48 hours and no matter what I do, I can't stretch the time! I've looked over the paperwork and it doesn't seem real lengthy and involved. And let's face it, the income of the elderly (at least the ones I'm working with) is not that great, requiring complicated accounting practices. It looks pretty simple and I will get on with it.

That said, this brings me to, once again, sound the "plan ahead alarm" for financial planning . The caregivers of the aging are right at the time when they should be mindful of the performance of their retirement accounts, IRAs, 401Ks, and annuities. Anything with a beneficiary, life insurance included, should be looked at regularly and updated as need be for births,deaths, marriages, and divorces. Plan also for your own care when the time comes. You needn't be a millionaire to apply financial planning. It's all a matter of your money, and where you want it to go. If you need a financial advisor, ask your insurance agent or a trusted friend for a reference.

No comments: